Horizon Recruitment is seeking an Accounting Assistant for one of our downtown real estate developer clients. This company is open to providing excellent training and a great opportunity for the right person looking to pursue their CPA designation. Very little hands on experience is required for this role - just the right foundation, a great mindset and an eagerness to learn!
The Accounting Assistant will report to the Controller and will support the corporate accounting and treasury team. You will support financial reporting and have the opportunity to learn as you go. You will be responsible for the accurate and speedy journal entry, bank reconciliations and cash management process across the company.
- A University degree with a specialization in Business, Commerce, Accounting or similar
- A desire to pursue a CPA designation - this company will support and mentor you through the process
- Experience with Accounts Payable or Receivable is an asset
- Excellent accuracy and ability to perform high volume journal entries
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills combined with an eagerness to learn and grow with an organization
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.