Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Accounting and Finance Manager who is able to start as soon as possible. Our non-profit client offers a rewarding and fulfilling work environment, allowing this person the opportunity to wear multiple hats in running the finance department. As a member of a small leadership team, you will be involved in decisions that can have a large impact on the organization. While starting as a contract, the intention is for this position to become a permanent role.
- Finance leader for the organization by developing and maintaining systems, processes, procedures, and policies.
- Responsible for the accounting and management reporting functions including period end reporting, annual reporting, governmental reporting, internal reporting, cash flow estimates, budgets, banking functions, GST returns, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Responsible for coordination and preparation of all required and requested documents for annual audits.
- Review major contracts and provide support during contracts negotiation.
- Provide financial support and advice to Management team.
- Develop and maintain effective internal/external relationships for the betterment of the organization.
- Provide ad-hoc support to residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of accounting management experience.
- CPA or equivalent accounting designation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate financial information and be an influence for positive changes
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated to think strategically and be effective in both written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think outside the box for idea generation in the support of the Management team.
- Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and take a hands on approach both within the Finance department and in the support of other departments.
- Strong supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Experience in a not for profit and union environment.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.