Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for an Accountant to join a fast growing, publicly traded company. We are looking for a proactive and passionate individual looking for an opportunity to grow and stretch their skills. This role has been created to take responsibilities from an Accounting Manager who is being pulled onto other projects. Any experience in distribution and/or manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Responsible for day to day full cycle accounting including period end closing
- Responsible for generating accurate, timely and well-supported monthly and yearly financial statements
- Support Operations with inventory reconciliations
- Review product standard costs, investigate materials, labour, and overhead variances
- Record monthly journal entries and provide GL reconciliations
- Prepare sales remittance tax in multiple tax jurisdictions in US and Canada
- Ensure the balance sheet is fully supported and record-keeping is maintained in good order
- Identify, resolve and/or implement changes related to accounting and control issues inherent in business processes
- Opportunity to work on various projects as they arise
- An accounting designation is preferred (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with 5+ years of experience in full cycle accounting, product costing, and/or financial reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a growth oriented organization
- Self starter with ability to learn quickly
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to build good working relationships
- Excellent analytical skills and applies a creative approach to problem solving
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.