Horizon Recruitment Inc. is looking for an Accountant for a food distributor and manufacturer based in Vancouver. They are a Top Employer and truly one of the most forward-thinking and sustainability-focused workplaces in BC. As the Accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining timely and relevant financial, customer, and employee information in support of the objectives of the Strategic Plan. This is a hands-on role where you'll be wearing many hats as the business continues to grow - financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Assists in the monthly and year-end closing, as well as the preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Prepares monthly and year-end bank and financial reconciliations, journal entries, as well as other ad-hoc reports and reconciliations, as required.
- Processes Payroll, Benefits, Incentives submissions and reviews T4s/ T2200s accurately using Payworks.
- Processes Account Receivable timely and accurately, ensuring proper tracking is completed and follows up to ensure invalid charges are disputed/recovered.
- Ensures all Finance related statutory remittances and compliance filings are submitted on time including GST/HST, PST, Corporate Tax, etc.
- Assists with SR&ED preparation.
- Maintains Sales & Spending databases and updates related reports monthly.
- Maintains the internal financial control framework, informing the CFO of any deficiencies identified.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) and/or professional payroll designation would be an asset but are not required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mid-level Accounting/Finance position with payroll responsibilities.
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- An open and articulate communicator who can build strong relationships
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel, and Access.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.